If you would like to change the SSL certificate for a specific domain through GoDaddy. Follow the below instructions.
- Login to the web server where the SSL needs to be applied.
- Open IIS (run -> inetmgr)
- Click the Server Name on the left pane.
- Select Server Certificates
- Click on the Create Certificate Request… on the right pane.
- Enter the details in the Distinguished Name Properties window.
- Click Next and select a location to save the file
- From the File types, select *.* and enter a name (YOUR_CSR_Name).csr
- Make sure the extension name is CSR.
- Once Done, click finish to finish the process.
- A CSR will be created. Find the file, right click and edit it to copy the content.
- Copy it and Login to GoDaddy account.
- Navigate to your SSL Manager and select the domain for which you would like to change the CSR for.
- Click Re-Key/ Manage option.
- Expand Re-Key and paste the CSR text and save the option.
- Expand “Change the site that your certificate protects” and enter your new domain name and save the option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Submit all saved changes.
Within a few minutes, your certificate will be validated by GoDaddy and they will issue a new certificate.
How to change ssl domain in GoDaddy (quick way)