ERROR 001487: Failed to update the published service with the server-side data location. Please see the server’s log for more details. ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition).
To Resolve this error follow the below steps.
1. Through ArcCatalog, connect to your arcgis manager, navigate to Services folder and restart PublishingTools and PublishingToolsEx map services.
2. Log in to ArcGIS server manager and navigate to site option on the top of the page. Select Datastore from the left menu and remove any registered datastore(s).
3. Open your MXD and publish your map service via share as service option. Follow the steps, click Analyze and watch out for warning messages, one of them will ask for Datastore registration.
4. Register your Datastore and wait until the process is finished, ArcMap will be slow some times.
5. Once the Datastore is registered, re-analyze the map service and publish it.