1. Download your keypair.pem on your machine that was used when the site was created.
2. Open terminal and enter the command CHMOD 400 /user/downloads/yourkeypair.pem
3. while in python, enter this command to connect to AWS EC2 linux box. ssh -i “yourkeypair.pem” firstname.lastname@example.org (replace xx with your ec2 ip).
4. At this point, you should be able to connect to your EC2 and see the below message
Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-1079-aws x86_64)
___ _ _ _
| _ |_) |_ _ _ __ _ _ __ (_)
| _ \ | _| ‘ \/ _` | ‘ \| |
5. In terminal, enter sudo touch /opt/bitnami/apps/bitnami/banner/disable-banner to disable banner for your wordpress website.
6. Run the IP / domain of the wordpress, and you should not see the banner again.